Tuesday, June 21, 2005

A Big Thanks In A Small Way

Folks - Courtesy of Tasha and Alex, Father's Day is always special. But this one takes the cake. Not only was June 19 the six-month anniversary of the implantation of Dora, my new liver, it was also an opportunity, in a small way, to say a big thank you to many of the people who helped us through these many tough months. My wonderful in-laws, Ginny and Tom Fleming, hosted a picnic on a magical New England-style summer day with mixed sun and clouds and temperatures in the mid-70s. Nancy's folks gratiously thanked the community that did such a wonderful job helping Nancy master bilocation and keeping the kids happy and fed while I had the relatively easy job of waiting in the hospital for weeks for a transplant liver to become available. I continue to be amazed by the kindess and strength of our family, friends and neighbors - some of whom I didn't even know at the time that I was stricken with liver disease last July - but can't now imagine them not being in my life.

Today, the summer solstice, like any day is another new beginning. But today's the longest day of the year - even more time to reflect, be thankful for what you have, let people know you love them, and make the world better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home