Thursday, December 23, 2004

Day by day

First I want to thank all of you who are posting
messages to the Blog and sending emails directly to
David. I wish I could respond to each and everyone of
you but please know that your messages brighten our
day. I print every one out and each day David says,
did you get any emails? We spend a good half hour
(not necessarily all in one go) reading the emails at
the hospital and crying over most of the well wishes.
Believe me they are happy tears..keep them coming, it
really does make David feel good and it passes the
time.

Today, David had a routine procedure to check the flow
of the connecting arteries, veins and bile duct. The
good news is they are all clear and working well.
David is sitting up for each meal and seems to have a
good appetite. Now, if his body would just let him
keep the food in, he would be doing much better. The
meds are wrecking havoc on him but the doctors are
constantly altering them. He is on heavy duty
immunosuppressents and anti-rejection meds, along with
a whole host of other meds that he will be on for the
rest of his life.

Some of the drugs are causing him to have ferocious

nightmares. David has always
been a very vivid dreamer, I can only imagine the
intensity of these. In days past, he would ask me
every morning if I had any dreams. He almost always
did and wanted to share them. David would often ask
Alex and Tasha too and they love to share their dreams
with him.

This morning, David told me he awoke to a stunning
purple and orange striped sky. He said it was the most
beautiful sunrise he has ever seen. This is coming
from a man who travels and often stops to appreciate
the beauty of a sunrise or a sunset from anywhere in
the world.

We are so blessed to have received our Christmas
miracle and although I am saddened, as Christmas
approaches, that he will be missing Christmas morning
with the children, I know that there will be many
Christmas's to come and truly everyday is Christmas
from now on.
Love to all,
Nancy





__________________________________
Do you Yahoo!?
Meet the all-new My Yahoo! - Try it today!
http://my.yahoo.com


3 Comments:

At 1:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess it's up to the night owls to kick things off. Since you're reading these David, I'll address you directly. GET WELL SOON!!!!!!!!! Sorry for shouting but I'm just thrilled to think that you'll see this tomorrow. I just finished installing some electrical boxes in my shop and can't wait to wire it up. But since I have plans for tomorrow it'll have to wait. This summer we had so much rain from the hurricanes that I was afraid our house was going to wash away. The drainage ditch in front of the house was a regular river for quite a while, and I got to thinking I should stock it with some fish. So I got out my jig saw, some old wood scraps and made a giant shark's mouth, fin and tail. I arranged them in the ditch so it looked like the shark's body was in the pipes going under the driveways and the only parts that showed were those I made. Everyone in the neighborhood got a good laugh out of it. Well it was such a hit that I decided to get it out again and make eight smaller ones to go with it. I'm going to hitch them to my trailer, which I'll fix up to look like a sleigh, complete with Christmas presents. We're going to invite the neighbors over to give gifts to the children (and maybe have an eggnog or two) and just get together for a little while. Oh yes; I'm planning to give the big shark a red light bulb nose and antlers. Should be a hoot. Well, I hope I haven't tired you out with all this. We're thinking and praying for you all day (and apparently all night too).

Love,

Frank and Linda

 
At 1:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nancy and David,
We are overjoyed that David is making so much great progress. We log on each morning to see the latest update - its a great way to start our day. Nancy, the CE grapevine has been busy spreading the good news and you know that when we get together in Vegas for our annual end of show dinner that we will be raising our glasses to you both.

Merry Christmas to the Bird family.

Love,
Pam, Bob and Amanda Loder

 
At 5:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I celebrate Christmas with my soul, my spiritual sense, and so commemorate the entrance into human understanding of the Christ conceived of Spirit, of God and not of a woman - birth of Truth, the dawn of Divine Love breaking upon the gloom of matter and evil with the glory of infinite being.

Christmas to me is the reminder of God's great gift,- HIs spiritual idea, man and the universe, - a gift which so transcends mortal, material, sensual giving that the merriment, mad ambition, rivalry, and ritual of our common Christmas seem a human mockery in mimicry of the real worship in commemoration of Christ's coming.

I love to observe Christmas in quietude, humility, benevolence, charity, letting good will towards man, eloquent silence, prayer, and praise express my conception of Truth's appearing."

Even though you are in the hospital, you can still observe Christmas with the aforementioned qualities which you are already expressing. What a blessing, what a gift you have received, this is what I think everyone who knows you guys is celebrating this Christmas. Speaking for myself, I could do without all the gifts, trimmings etc, and just be grateful for the gift you all received!! Thinking of you, and knowing you are probably making someone smile - even from where you are!!! Keep the faith, and may you feel His peace and Love in your heart.

How fortunate you are to see a lovely sunrise from your hospital room - that sounded beautiful - a little bit of God's grace shining right into your room at dawn.

Talk to you soon via blogger. ACL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home