Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Post Op - Day 3

David had a better day today. His color looks better
everyday and his eyes really are starting to look
white again. I am amazed at how quickly that changes.
The doctors are monitoring his kidney functions
closely which have been compromised throughout all of
this but that is to be expected.

According to David, they weighed him today in a
"medieval bed scale" He said it was like measuring
how many ducks equal his weight. Sounds pretty
bizarre, sorry I missed it.

My visits with him have been short since he needs lots
of rest and the doctors and nurses are constantly
doing one thing or another on him. All good stuff,
like removing tubes and reducing meds.

We have noticed that so many of the transplant
patients tend to have an additional surgery while they
are recovering to fix something. David told me today
that he is determined to NOT have another surgery
while he is there. He has put his mind to it and he
continues to impress the doctors with his strength.

Many have asked if Alex and Tasha will be able to see
David on Christmas. Unfortunately, the answer is no.
They are too little to enter the Transplant ward. You
must be over 13 to enter the ward and over 18 for ICU.
The children will not be able to see him until he
comes home and only if they get rid of the colds they
both have. It will be a real challenge to keep David
cold free in the next 3 months but his life depends on
it. We will be doing a lot of hand washing and
spraying lysol around here!

Anyone who might consider visiting should really wait
until David is out of ICU. I'll let you know when
that happens. Also, please don't come if you have a
cold.
He wants to give everyone a great big hug but only
when he is feeling much better.

Thank you for your continued prayers and well wishes.
They have certainly made a difference in our lives.
Lots of love,
Nancy




__________________________________
Do you Yahoo!?
Read only the mail you want - Yahoo! Mail SpamGuard.
http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

1 Comments:

At 11:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Wherever He may guide me,
No want shall turn me back;
My Shepherd is beside me,
And nothing can I lack.
His wisdom ever waketh,
His sight is never dim;
He knows the way He taketh,
And I will walk with Him.

Green pastures are before me,
Which yet I have not seen;
Bright skies will soon be o'er me,
Where darkest clouds have been.
My hope I cannot measure,
My path in life is free;
My Father has my treasure,
And He will walk with me."

David has nothing BUT green pastures AND bright skies before him. May he walk with Him and be strengthened by His gracious omnipotent hand as he makes his way through his post-op days. Praying for continued progress and harmonious functioning of ALL systems!

"Thanks be unto God for His unspeakable gift." The Bible

May your Christmas be bright, knowing that you will soon have your husband, friend, and father home with you.

As a previous posting said: "Take care of yourself, too, Nancy!!" Thanks for keeping the updates going on the blog. ACL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home